Monday 12 October 2009

Summer...

Its so long to the summer months, if we can even call them that anymore! Now we're back into the swing of university just wanted to update my progress over the summer.

I pretty much went from uni to a placment at mudpie which I wrote my placement report about. In which i got the chance to blog for their website which is a leading Fashion intelligence/forecasting site...These are 2 examples of the Blogs I did for them.


I also did a placement at ASOS in their studio which was fantastic! Below is Asos HQ its a massive building taking up 2 floors.


I helped with the shoot assistants and fashion assistants, making sure the clothes were sourced, ready for the shoot, dressing the models to a standard fit for photographs! Everyone was so amazing and i've managed to get a few contacts for the future.

Some of the shoots I helped style for were Karen Millen, Gap, Asos own brands, Mens Outlet, Acne, Fred Perry, Franklin and Marshall, and Reiss 1971.


Beyond the Valley

Franklin & Marshall


Karen Millen

Pa:nuu


Reiss 1971


It was an invaluable learning experience especially to see not only how ASOS style their clothes, but how all the other brands use guidelines to style. It has definitely pushed me towards styling for the future and i am so so so excited about making a collection now. The inspiration i have got from this summer is HUGE.



(Although i didn't take this video it is EXACTLY where i worked for my placement!)

So those are the placements!

I also visited the Royal College of Art Exhibition which was fabulous. 'Future Fashion Now' at the V&A. I used the exhibition as inspiration for jacket structures for our up and coming jacket project! Here are a few snap shots...



No comments: